Some news about the blog from the Score. Habs stuff to come following the game.
Score Media Inc. Lauches theScore.com Sports Federation
Launch of network directs fans to the most influential blogs in sports
TORONTO, Nov. 20, 2008 – Score Media Inc. (TSX: SCR) today announced the launch of theScore.com Sports Federation, a network of independent sports websites that empowers fans with a compelling voice to reach a larger audience with the support of a national multi-platform sports network. The Score has selected some of the most influential blogs in sports to be a part of this initiative that puts the hardcore fan front and centre. Score Media is also pleased to announce Bacardi Canada as the official launch partner of the blog network.
Member sites include:
* Down Goes Brown (Toronto Maple Leafs blog) – http://www.downgoesbrown.com
* Canucks Hockey Blog (Vancouver Canucks blog) – http://www.canuckshockeyblog.com
* Five Hole Fanatics (Calgary Flames blog) – http://www.fiveholefanatics.ca
* Sens Chirp (Ottawa Senators blog) – http://www.senschirp.ca
* Black Dog Hates Skunks (Edmonton Oilers blog) – http://www.blackdoghatesskunks.com
* Lions in Winter (Montreal Canadiens blog) – http://www.lionsinwinter.ca
* Fantasy Hockey Scouts (fantasy hockey blog) – http://www.fantasyhockeyscouts.com
* Drunk Jays Fans (Toronto Blue Jays blog) – http://www.drunkjaysfans.com
* Ghostrunner on First (Toronto Blue Jays blog) – http://www.ghostrunneronfirst.com
* RaptorBlog.com (Toronto Raptors blog) – http://www.raptorblog.com
* Dino Nation Blog (Toronto Raptors blog) – http://www.dinonationblog.com
* The CIS Blog (Canadian Interuniversity Sports blog) – http://www.cisblog.ca
Managed by RaptorBlog.com publisher Scott Carefoot, theScore.com Sports Federation gives readers an in-depth look at sports from the true experts themselves, hardcore fans. With a goal of empowering bloggers with the opportunity to have their voice heard by a national audience, the Federation is the first sports-focused network in Canada.
“When I started RaptorBlog.com in 2002, most people didn’t know what a blog was,” says Scott Carefoot, Business Development Manager, Digital Media, Score Media Inc. “With theScore.com Sports Federation, we’re acknowledging the growing influence sports blogs have in reaching people who want an unfiltered medium to express their views and interact with other diehard fans.”
Now taking the lead at bringing a network of blogs to hardcore fans, The Score is helping to generate increased awareness of these influential blogs.
“Our goal with this network is to empower the most compelling, well-informed and entertaining independent voices in sports commentary,” says Jonathan Savage, Vice President, Digital Media, Score Media Inc. “In leading this charge, we are maintaining our focus on being the destination for the hardcore sports fan while giving the sports community a broader medium in which to be heard.”
ABOUT SCORE MEDIA INC.
Score Media is a media company committed to delivering interactive and authentic sports entertainment. Created in 1997 in response to the growing desire for increased participation in the consumption of sports, the Company has now established itself as the home for hardcore sports fans. Score Media’s primary asset, The Score Television Network ("The Score"), is a national specialty television service providing sports news, information, highlights and live event programming in more than 6.4 million homes across Canada. Score Media also operates Hardcore Sports Radio, a satellite radio network available across North America on SIRIUS Satellite Radio, and other interactive assets including theScore.com, Score Mobile, and Score Poker. Growing from a team of 60 in 1997 to over 220 employees in 2008, Score Media is a revolutionizing interactive media company.
Alexei Emelin épargné
1 hour ago